Tuesday 22 February 2011

Far East Economy

Re “I have seen the future, and it’s in the Far East,” by Benjamin Olshin—

How did I ever miss this guy? He does what philosophers ought to but rarely do these days: clarify complex issues that are usually distorted ridiculously in the mainstream media.
Patrick D. Hazard
Weimar, Germany
January 7, 2011

Dear Dr. Olshin, Thanks for alerting me to your lively blog. We Americans need and deserve Advice from outside our smug Exceptionalist delusions. I've been living in Weimar, Germany for the last ten years and understand more and more fully why non-Americans are impatient at the frequent narrowness of our views. See my blog for examples: www.MyGlobal Eye.blögspot.com. Sincerely, Patrick D. Hazatd.

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Subject: Thank You - Letter to Broad Street Review
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 02:26:03 +0100
From: "Olshin, Benjamin"
To: "hazard27@t-online.de"

Dear Dr. Hazard:

I hope you don't mind my writing to you; I just read your letter to Dan Rottenberg at the Broad Street Review, the one in response to my article "Economic Lessons from the Far East:
I have seen the future, and it’s in the Far East". I appreciate your kind words, and am happy that my work is being read!

You may be interested in my blog, which I set up some time ago to address general issues, both serious and no-so-serious, of globalization, cross-cultural communications, etc. You may find it at:

http://hinter-net.blogspot.com

The blog is more cultural and less political, as culture is more my area of expertise. At times, though, I make political commentary, such as in my piece on Burma. And, being from Philadelphia, I had to, of course, include a piece on cheesesteaks overseas (I am living in Taiwan for the year...).

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks again...

Cheers,
Benjamin B. Olshin
_______________________________________________________________
Benjamin B. Olshin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Philosophy, History and Philosophy of Science and Technology,
and Industrial Design
The University of the Arts
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102 U.S.A.
e-mail: bolshin@uarts.edu

No comments: